Labels

Pucker Up 3

Swell & Good

Friday, February 22, 2013

A Lesson in Love

Today for my quiet time I was doing another lesson in my Deep Convictions workbook. Today's lesson had to do with family and new relationships...specifically talking about Love. Through the various scriptures: Ephesians 5:1-2, 1 Corinthians 13:1-3, Colossians 3:14, Galatians 5:6,13,14, 1 Peter 4:8-9, and 1 John 3:16 that love isn't just about the mushy stuff. It's about serving your brothers and sisters. It's about action and what you do to show your love. It's about laying your life down for others just as Jesus did for you and me.

Well...
A few weeks before Valentine's Day I found a giant package in our front hall closet. At first I though I had found my gift from my hubby even though he said he wasn't going to be buying me anything. I quickly closed the door and waited. Then Valentine's came and no gift. Hmm...okay maybe anniversary gift?

Well my curiosity got to me but I also was needing to get to some of my business supplies that the package just happened to be sitting on top of. I decided to email my hubby to question if the package was for me, could I move it when I needed my supplies. His response surprised me. He said he had no idea what I was even talking about and to email him a picture of it. 


I did, and he said he didn't know anything about it, but to open it and see what it was. So I did! And what did I find...the new car seat I wanted for Little Critter #2! I sent hubby a picture of it and after more emails back and forth he promises he did not do it and knew nothing about it. I contacted a couple of my friends and they denied having to do anything about it.
So why did I share this story today? It's about love...the love of one or more individuals that would do something so nice and to do so without expecting a thank you. No one has come forward to say...."hey I did it" to get a thank you or credit. They simply did it because they love me. I am absolutely certain that it definitely wasn't my hubby and it really is amazing to know there are others out there that care so much for me to do something so kind!
So while they may not want to step forward and claim the credit...a huge thank you to my Car Seat Fairy(ies) for such an amazing gift. And not just the gift of a car seat but for helping to remind me of Christ's love and that I too, need to show my love for others like Christ did for us!




No comments:

Post a Comment