Labels

Pucker Up 3

Swell & Good

Monday, January 30, 2012

Cake Class: Course 3

Tonight was the final night of course 3: Fondant and Gum paste. It was a fun class and I learned a lot. I hadn't worked with fondant or gum paste yet as I was kind of a chicken to attempt anything. I know am much more confident to work with either. I can now make some neat flowers and do more designs on cakes. I can't wait to put some of my new skills to use.

 Above and below are views of the bow I made during the first week of the course.
 Below is a gum paste rose.
 Shot of the carnation, rose, rose bud, and calla lilly
 Rose bud
 Calla Lilly
 Mum
 Final Project. Travis chose the design. The cake came out pretty good for my first attempt with fondant. I have a few things to work on, but overall I am very happy with how this cake turned out. Hopefully everyone Travis works with will enjoy it. He will be taking it in tomorrow.

I have one last course I will be taking. It is course 4: advanced gum paste flowers, which is all through February. I can't wait to also get started on the next baby shower cake for my mom's club. It is going to be an awesome cake! Pictures will be posted after the shower. I can't spoil it after all! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment