Labels

Pucker Up 3

Swell & Good

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Spring Church Campaign

This month our church is doing what we call a campaign month. The fall campaign was reading through the New Testament and living out each day as a New Testament Christian in 40 days. For the spring, we are concentrating on prayer. Each day there are things like assigned readings or other tasks.

To kick off the campaign we are to think of something to give up for the month and replace it with prayer or sharing. I have been giving this thought all day and came up with soda. Soda has definitely been something I have been drinking too much of...especially as of late! So far right now...no more soda!

Tomorrow, March 1st, kicks off with a day of fasting and prayer. Due to being pregnant, my fasting will be a bit different. I'm still thinking about it, but I think it is going to be no Facebook for the day. I think that's doable...right? ;)

The rest of the month will be filled with prayer challenges, praying for friends and family, and really just putting my mind to be with God more throughout the day!

If you'd like to take this challenge too let me know and I'll send you a copy of our campaign calendar!

"The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective. Elijah was a man just like us." James 5:13-18

Check out our church at www.hamptonroadschurch.org

No comments:

Post a Comment