Pucker Up 3

Swell & Good

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Pregnancy Update: 39 weeks

Today was my 39 week check up (one day shy technically)! The doctor and I discussed what I was going to do if I reached 40 weeks and still hadn't started labor yet. She said there really seems to be nothing that indicates that I won't labor well, so she convinced me to be induced rather than schedule a repeat c-section. She said I will be induced slowly so that should help allow me and baby to endure labor better.

Today when she checked me I am still just 1 cm dilated. She decided to go ahead and attempt to scrap my membranes which she did, but she didn't sound hopeful that that will help get labor started. We'll see what happens over the next few days. Hopefully it works and things get started so I don't have to be induced.

If not though, she let me pick when I wanted to be induced! So naturally I chose my due date since she said there was no reason to wait until I was 41 weeks to do it. So next Wednesday I will go into my 40 week check to get a foley catheter put into place and an NST to make sure Little Critter handles it well. Then Thursday morning (not sure of time yet) we'll head to the hospital for induction if the foley catheter doesn't work!

Hopefully things get started naturally and if they do, I predict this to happen this weekend when Travis and I are due to be in a preaching course all weekend at church!

No matter what we should be holding Little Critter by next Thursday (or maybe Friday if I labor long)!

No comments:

Post a Comment