Labels

Pucker Up 3

Swell & Good

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Happy Birthday to my little Robot!

RC is ONE!!! To celebrate we had a robot birthday party and invited his friends from MOMS Club and friends of Travis'.

For his party, I searched Pinterest for ideas. I found several ideas and blog postings of the robot party they put on. Using some of their free printables and ideas I jumped into the planning process. It was so much fun. I worked on and off for over a month on RC's party.

First, the favor bag! Every party needs a good favor bag to send home with the kids that attend. After reading one of the blogs, I decided to go for a bag of goodies that was mostly eatable and mostly healthy! I used the idea for the robot treat from My Insanity. My treat is a 100% apple juice box with Rolos for feet, Kit Kat for arms, and on some a Hershey's kiss for a hat. Travis thought to make it look more like a robot to print the head and body out and glue one the juice box. All the candy is attached with glue dots. I think they came out pretty good.


I also included a container of Play Doh (well the generic version) from the dollar store. I created a robot label and a thank you for coming label and taped/glued those on.

For the final snack item. I made a bag of "Nuts & Bolts" which were multi-grain Cheerios, pretzel sticks, and a few M&M's thrown in! I got the printable from Wendolonia.

Lastly I tossed in a couple robot shaped erasers from Oriental Trading. The bag was simply a paper lunch sack with a printable glued on that said thanks for coming and had some robots. Here is a picture or the favor bag with all the goodies.



For decorations, I printed off pictures of robots and hung those around. I made a robot from cardboard for the front door and also made one from recycled materials for the table. The door decor was fairly easy to make as I have a project that made it easy to trace a robot onto the cardboard. I painted it and then used an Exacto knife to cut it out. This idea came from My Many Colored Days.



I saved up formula containers, soup cans, puff containers, and coffee cans for this next robot idea that came from Kathie Cooks blog. The feet are soup cans with the body the formula container. The arms are puff containers and the head is a coffee can. I cut out parts from one of the printed out robots and used glue dots to attach them to make it look more like a robot. Inside the coffee can has the plastic knives for the party.



For party games and activities we had "Pin the battery on the robot," make your own robot, and mix and match robot puzzles. The pin the battery on the robot idea came from Boy oh boy oh boy blog. I painted up a robot and then used slips of paper with the child's name on it for the batteries. I used some of the extra favors from the party bags for the prizes.


The make your own robot was from Oriental Trading. It was a cut out of a robot with various foam pieces for the kids to add.

Lastly the mix and match robot puzzles I made I simply printed out pictures of robots, cut the head, arms, and legs off, and then laminated all the parts and cut out again. The kids could mix and match the body parts to make the robots. These can be reused and RC can continue playing with them!


 Finally the FOOD! There's no party without food. All the food had a robot name to it.
  • Gears: Ritz crackers (also had a gluten free option for one of our guests)
  • Computer Chips with Lubricant: potato chips with ranch dip
  • Memory Cells: Cheese Puffs
  • Nuts & Bolts: multi-grain Cheerios with pretzel sticks
  • Fuel Cells: Pizza (also a gluten free option for one of our guests) (Travis came up with this name)
  • Robot Cakes: Gluten Free Brownies and of course a special made robot shaped cake plus some cupcakes (for the kids)



    And no robot party is complete without the birthday boy in a special robot cloth diaper and robot shirt!
    You can't see the diaper that great, but it's a Rumparooz Robotronics cloth diaper.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment