Labels

Pucker Up 3

Swell & Good

Thursday, March 1, 2012

In a rut

I have been in a rut for a while now; since our return from our Germany trip actually. I'm not sure why I have been in this rut...if it is just that I don't want to track all my food, would prefer to eat what I want when I want, or that I have in my head that with all my thyroid problems it is just too hard to loose weight! Whatever it is, I need to get back on track. I really would like to get some more weight off.

I am a little bummed after talking with my endocrinologist on Tuesday that she confirmed some of my suspicion that my thyroid problems are part of the issue. She said it is going to be very tough to shed the pounds. In fact she gave me a look of "that's going to be near impossible" when I said I would like to get to 170. At one point in my life getting to that was easy. In fact I did it over a summer. Give it, I weighted less then than I do now, but I still shed 40 pounds over that summer. That was before all my thyroid problems began.

Now I need to find something else that will get me motivated again. Something that will show results even if not on the scale to keep me motivated! Not sure what that is. Even Travis saying he would buy my a new Bearcat t-shirt if I get to 250 and a Bearcat hoodie at 200 isn't seeming to work. :(

Something needs to change. Maybe the weather changing will help. It will be nicer to get out and take walks. RC is getting old enough we can go to the park across the road, walk the beach area, and play at the play ground. Perhaps we can start a walking group in the moms club I am a part of as well!

So far I have lost around 10 pounds since starting weight watchers and about 30 pounds since having Richard. I am doing fairly well, but would like to get to pre-baby weight soon.

What are some things you do to keep yourself motivated?

1 comment:

  1. I'm pretty much in a rut too. I made a promise to myself though. I can't do "diets" i think just having that word associated with something i'm trying to do puts my brain into a frenzy and it gets rebellious! Suddenly the only thing i think about is everything i shouldn't eat! With this in mind I decided to eat healthier, not to lose weight but to just feel better. I really do have a better feeling about myself when i make better food choices, also that gives me a little bit of room to say okay, i'm not on a diet so eating a treat every now and then is fine. I really does help me because most of the time I will make the better choice.

    ReplyDelete