Pucker Up 3

Swell & Good

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Pregnancy Update: Hospital Trial Run!

Oh a trial run was not what we were wanting least not at 10pm!

It all started on Saturday night after I was in bed. I rolled over and ouch was it painful. I could tell it wasn't a contraction it was just pain. It went away as soon as I got settled into a position. I'd roll and it would hurt again.

By Sunday morning, I was in excruciating pain. It didn't help that I ended up sitting on a hard floor at church with Richard for a while either. That day, I could barely walk. The pain was horrible. Once I got walking, it felt a little better. It was still there, but at least was a stabbing pain. I'd stop, sit down or lay down and as soon as I got up...stabbing pain. Once it almost sent me to the floor.

I called the doctor's after hour number, left a message to be called and took a nap. No call. Later I tried again. Still no return call. Finally I called back a third time and they physically called the person versus paging them. Verdict...go be checked out at labor and delivery since the pain had been constant all day. Though by this point with the research I had done, I was pretty sure it was all normal and I just had to deal with it. Oh the joys of pregnancy!

My poor hubby was exhausted and here I was having to go say..."no you're not going to bed, we're going to the hospital to be checked after all!" So here we were grabbing my bags just in case, telling one of our exchange students that was due to be driven to the airport at 7am the next day that we had to leave and be checked out. I told him, all should be okay and we should be back soon, but for some reason if we are not...we'll make sure someone is here by 7am to get you to the airport. At first, he thought I was joking with him!

At the hospital I get hooked up to be monitored and checked. It was very hard to describe the pain properly. It was constant yet by constant I mean it would be sharp pain all day if I moved...except if I walked for a really long time. LOL The nurse definitely looked confused.

All in all after Little Critter was stubborn with being on the monitor, she finally got enough reading to call the doctor. It was decided that it was just round ligament stretching and for me to go home, take Tylenol and perhaps a warm bath. Just as I figured...pretty much a waste of time to go up; however, I did get to realize I need to go buy some additional contact cases because apparently, I only have one! LOL

So here I am two days later, round ligament pain mostly gone and back to back pain! I suppose I'll take the back pains over the round ligament pains any day at least if it's as bad as it was Sunday. I think I much rather would have preferred being in labor!

I still am not 100% sure how I'll proceed with my delivery options of Little Critter. I want to try for labor after c-section, but I am thinking if Little Critter doesn't decide to come on his own and they were to need to induce me, that I would rather have a c-section instead.

What would you do if your first was emergency c-section due to cord around foot and no signs of labor started...second time around would you opt for c-section automatically or trying for labor?

No comments:

Post a Comment