Labels

Pucker Up 3

Swell & Good

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Today is a new life

Today, I made a decision that will change the rest of my life...I accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. In fact, my husband and I both did. We are both now Disciples of Christ.

My husband grew up in a church, but fell away. I really had never been part of a church until I met him. I joined his church. At the time, I felt it was right. On July 18, 2012 I started studying the Bible and letting Christ into my life. It has been an amazing 5.5 weeks. It may seem like a short time to some, but this has been something coming for years, but we just hadn't found the right church with the right doctrine. Of course many Christian churches preach the word of God, but through the various churches we have gone to, we hadn't seen one that the people ACTUALLY live out their daily lives based on the Bible (or at least most the members didn't; which turned us away), until now...

Over these last few weeks, I have learned so much about myself and my husband. By letting Christ in our lives, our relationship has already changed for the better. It will only get better from here with Christ in our lives. I am eager to continue the journey and learn how better I can be a servant of Christ.

I never thought myself as prideful...but I am (or at least I was). It will be a struggle to squash that pride. I struggled with submission and do still a little, but I see now why God says to submit, particularly to my husband and I'm trying...very hard. Forgiveness was something I struggled with as well, but was able to find peace in my heart and forgive those that needed to be forgiven. While I have a clean slate today...so do they.

I thank my friends and the new ladies (and their husbands too) I have met at church for helping me find my way into the light of Christ. The fellowship has been amazing and I am so thankful to be brought into the body of Christ today.

""It is written: 'Worship the Lord your God and serve him only'."" Luke 4:8

1 comment:

  1. Congrats!! I was raised in a non-denominational church and have flourished in my own thoughts and opinions and still struggle to find THE church for me. I'm so happy for you and hope you are able to find all the happiness you deserve.

    ReplyDelete