Labels

Pucker Up 3

Swell & Good

Saturday, September 8, 2012

An all-time favorite dinner

 French Bread Loaf is one of my favorites. I don't know where my mom got the recipe from, but it was a childhood favorite and still is one of my favorites today. It reminds me of a sloppy joe, only in my eyes...better!

 




You will need the following:

1 lb turkey or beef (browned)
1 can each cheddar cheese soup and tomato soup
1 loaf French bread (can use a crusty bread Italian too) It's important to find one that is thick




Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Brown the meat and drain. Add both cans of soups and simmer.
3. Cut loaf of bread in half and scoop out the middles of each half (you want to create little boats).
4. Add some of the chunks of bread to your meat mixture and stir.
5. Add the meat mixture to each 'boat' and put the two halves back together.
6. Wrap foil around loaf and bake until hot and crusty (usually about 10 - 15 minutes).




Cut into sections and enjoy! We eat it with a knife and fork or you can pick up a half and just bite right in!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment