Labels

Pucker Up 3

Swell & Good

Monday, September 10, 2012

Who would have thought...

that waking up before the sun wouldn't be THAT bad!

Last night I began studying through Deep Convictions and Be Still My Soul for my quiet time. One thing that really hit me was that I really need to change my quiet time to the mornings. I need to begin my day with God and not just end it with God. I am not a morning person. So this is usually something that just doesn't work for me.

Last night after doing my reading, I forced myself to bed before 10 pm! That is early for me...usually it is midnight. Since KJ & Billy started school though it has been easier to get to bed earlier. The first few weeks of school starting, I tried getting up earlier. It just wasn't happen. I guess maybe it just wasn't in my heart yet. I wasn't seeing the point. 

Mark 1:35 (NIV) "Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed."

I thought I was getting my quiet time in, isn't that enough. Well there were days that excuses would come up. I ended up too tired in the end...we had other things going on...etc. etc. Well not too many excuses can happen at the crack of down if you just GET OUT of bed! So that's what I did this morning!

Ready for my quiet time. Bible on the iPad, note book and my two study books!
Last night I downloaded a sleep timer app. I don't feel that I sleep the greatest. If this app worked, I slept with 93% efficiency last night! The app help wakes you within a 30 minute window of your alarm. Mine was set for 6 am but because it detected me "awake" it was off almost 30 minutes early. Who am I to say this app doesn't work? Maybe it does maybe it doesn't but what matters is I actually feel really good. Even before my quiet time, I didn't feel that tired like I usually do in the morning.

We will see what the rest of the week brings for my morning quiet times. Will it be just as easy to get up? I don't know. But what I do know is that I don't feel horrible right now, my quiet time is finished and I feel good, I watched the sunrise (well sort of...I watched the sun stretch over the bridge as it came up opposite from where I am sitting) and I even was able to put a load of laundry in, run the dish washer, and write this blog post!

No comments:

Post a Comment