Labels

Pucker Up 3

Swell & Good

Thursday, November 22, 2012

A Very Thankful Thanksgiving

This Thanksgiving I am thankful for so many things...most of all I am thankful for God as he has blessed me with all that I have; a loving husband, a handsome little boy, a second baby on the way, the chance to host two wonderful exchange students and so much more!

This year was basically the first year I REALLY cooked Thanksgiving dinner in the 8 years Travis and I have been married. In previous years, if we weren't at my parents or invited to a friends, I would just make a very small turkey breast in the crock pot with mashed potatoes and maybe corn.

This was the first year for a giant turkey and, of course, I forgot to take a picture of it before it was cut! That's okay though, it turns out that when I put it in the roasting pan and cut the trash bag off we used to marinate the turkey in, it ended up breast side down, so it wasn't very pretty looking on top!

It was TASTY though!

Our Thanksgiving feast. It doesn't really look like a lot, but it was PLENTY!
Travis gave us a quick lesson from the Bible on Thanksgiving and then blessed the meal!
RC waiting as patiently as he could for food....that he ended up not eating anyway. He sat eating pretend food while daddy talked.
Family photo. Pardon my horrible looking hair please, I had just washed it and didn't gel it! KJ was photographer, hence why he is barely in the shot!
We even broke out the bubbly for this meal...as in Sparkling Apple Cider!
KJ decided that the angel pie had to be eaten with no fork. He dug right in...face first!
And he just turned 18? LOL
Billy must have decided it looked fun.
Silly boys!
It has been a wonderful Thanksgiving. Now I am spending time trying to score a few Christmas gifts and newborn diaper supplies for a great deal and tomorrow we are going to hit up only ONE store to see what we can score. I hope and pray that by going to the Lifeway Christian store people won't be insane and crazy there!

Once we get home tomorrow, it will be time to start getting the Christmas decorations up! "It's the most wonderful time of the year..."

No comments:

Post a Comment